As I was finishing up producing an audio slideshow for Spokesman-Review photojournalist, Brian Plonka, I came across this new beta version of Soundslides Plus today.I see Joe Weiss has been busy updating the program. One bad-ass feature is a new full screen mode. I have been waiting for this since he released this ground breaking audio slideshow production tool in 2005. I downloaded the beta and I converted Plonka’s project to the new version without any problems. The scrubber bar now sports a small icon to go full screen, which is actually more like triple the normal 600-pixel size. The picture quality holds up great and my show plays smoothly on my cable modem. Weiss says he has made over 50 changes to this ever-evolving program.
Some of the highlights:
- Full screen playback (Plus only)
- Multiple jpeg image import now available under the Slides tab’s “Add image” button
- Re-importing shorter duration audio no longer resets timing points. All timings are preserved now.
- Application now correctly reads the EXIF image rotation data from imported JPEG files and rotates accordingly on import
- Application now creates a .ssproj project file, this file will launch the associated project in Soundslides or Soundslides Plus when double clicked or dragged to the application icon
- Application displays a warning dialog if quit with unsaved changes
- “Clear recent menu” item added to the File menu
- Project folder name now appears in title bar.
- Fixed potential compatibility issue with the video plug-in on OS X Leopard
- Improved error handling when importing images and audio
There are more than 50 changes, feature additions and fixes in 1.9. The full changelog will be posted with the final release.
Thanks Joe. Can’t wait for the final release.